Solicitor/Legal Executive - Allerdale Borough Council
Grade K, £33,136 to £36,153
A fantastic opportunity has opened with Allerdale Borough Council, to join the Governance and Regulatory Services Area as a full time Solicitor/Legal Executive working .
Job Purpose: To assist the legal and licensing manager in delivering the Governance service plan by the provision of a comprehensive, high quality legal service to its customers.
To ensure you deliver your service in line with the Council's values, performance management approach and positive behaviours.
Our ideal candidate will be resilient and enthusiastic and must be a current practicing solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives.
This role offers competitive benefits as follows:-
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days rising to 28 days after 5 complete years of continuous Local Government service and 31 days after 10 complete years
- Paid time off for the 8 statutory bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Flexi time working arrangements – no set start or finish times. An excellent benefit that allows our employees to have a good work/life balance. Additional flexi leave days can be accrued through the flexi working arrangement up to a maximum of 13 days per year
- Pension scheme
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Family friendly initiatives such as enhanced maternity allowance, occupational maternity/paternity/adoption pay, shared parental leave and childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Access to Occupational Health and counselling services
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted optical care
- The opportunity to take 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Free parking
- Employee wellbeing room provided for our staff to use. We run a range of activities such as craft classes and mindfulness
- Various employee engagement activities
To view the job description and for more details on how to apply, please visit our website at: https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/jobs/
If you would like to speak to us about the role, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.