Staffordshire County Council, Senior Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister (Property)
Salary: £41,675- £45,591 per annum
Due to an increase in property and development work Staffordshire County Council's Legal Services requires experienced and talented lawyers.
An experienced commercial conveyancer, with a good knowledge of commercial sales, purchases, leases, development and related to investment in property for the pension fund to undertake conveyancing transactions for all Directorates of the County Council and directly involved with the selling of our services to external public sector clients.
Applications are invited from an enthusiastic, innovative, suitably qualified and experienced Chartered Legal Executive, Solicitor or Barrister to deal with a variety of matters relevant to the subject area.
You will be expected to conduct and manage your own caseload with minimum supervision.
You must be able to communicate effectively with members, senior officers and outside clients.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, communities and employees.
To apply for this post click on the 'Apply' button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3 August 2020
Interview Date: 13 August 2020
For more information about the role please contact: Imran Razaq, Senior Solicitor for Property on 01785 854186 or Mair Young on 01785 276200Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV's or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts