Principal Solicitor (Part time) - Three Rivers District Council
Salary of up to £58,535 (pro rata)
Principal Solicitor – Part Time
Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire (with occasional travel throughout the local area)
If you are seeking an engaging part time role as a Principal Solicitor, this is an exciting opportunity to become a key player within an ambitious organisation.
Three Rivers District Council is an ambitious and innovative local public sector organisation. Located in Rickmansworth, South Hertfordshire, we are a train ride from central London with great access to London Underground and Overground Stations. and just outside the M25.
With a population of 86,000, our district combines the best of the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a thriving urban landscape with award-winning leisure facilities.
We're currently looking for a Principal Solicitor to join us on a part time basis who will be contracted to work 19 hours a week; this role will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to work flexibly and/or remotely.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a highly-motivated lawyer to join our supportive and successful in-house team and run their own caseload of various criminal prosecutions.
As the Principal Solicitor, you'll primarily work on criminal litigation and anti-social behaviour, including preparing court cases and attending hearings. You'll also have the opportunity to deal with the licensing of local premises and taxis and act as the Legal Adviser at hearings.
You will need the following:
- To be admitted and entitled to practice as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales or a Barrister entitled to practice within England and Wales
- Experience of working in a legal office, dealing with the public and external agencies and professional advisers
- Knowledge and experience of criminal litigation and court procedures
We offer an excellent benefits package, including;
- Salary of up to £58,535 (pro rata)
- 28 days' holiday (pro rata), rising with service
- Flexible working options, including the opportunity to work from home/remotely
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Tax-efficient childcare vouchers
- Employee volunteering schemes
Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Legal Advisor, Principal Legal Advisor, Principal Legal Officer, Principal Legal Associate, Legal Team Manager, Qualified Lawyer, Qualified Solicitor, Qualified Barrister, Lawyer or Solicitor.
So, if you're seeking your next step as a Principal Solicitor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.