Principal Lawyer (Planning & Litigation) - Arun District Council
£44,858 to £46,806 per annum (+ £4,000 per annum market supplement)
Full Time 37 hours per week; Part Time considered
An exciting career development opportunity has arisen in our busy and friendly office based in Littlehampton on the South coast in West Sussex.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lawyer to manage a small team, provide advice on all aspects of Planning Law and represent the Council in litigious matters.
If you have knowledge and experience managing a team that's great, however full training and development support would be provided to someone ready to take the next step in their career.
Our team pride ourselves on providing a comprehensive, high quality legal service. You will need to be positive, enthusiastic, diplomatic and persuasive in order to manage the varied and challenging workload.
This is a great opportunity for you to do the job that you love, with the reward of seeing the work that you do make a difference within the council and local community – with the added bonus of working in an environment that is not commercially driven.
We offer in return:
- Up to 32 days paid annual leave plus paid Bank Holidays (subject to continuous service), PLUS Flexi-Time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free (and very good) bean-to-cup coffee
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including on site exercise classes, free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Free on-street parking in surrounding streets
- A lovely beach for a lunchtime walk
Further information and an application form can be obtained from our website at www.arun.gov.uk. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Louise Greene, Legal Services Manager. Telephone: 01903 737830.
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 31 January 2019
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment.
If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.