Lawyer (Civil Litigation) - LGSS Law
Starting salary in the region of £37,732 - £45,485 DOE
Located in Huntingdon, Shefford or Northampton
A fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, innovative law firm where you will be given the opportunity to learn and develop in your chosen field and excel in your career
LGSS Law Ltd is a true one of a kind. Established in 2015 as an 'Alternative Business Structure' (ABS) we are wholly owned by public bodies. We pride ourselves on serving our communities with resilience, enthusiasm and focus. Working for public sector and not for profit clients is our focus. A significant proportion of the work we carry out will be for local authorities, however, we have over recent years grown our client base to include more than one hundred organisations across the public and not-for profit sectors. Our clients including Clinical Commissioning Groups, Foundation Trusts, Charities and Fire Services
We have grown significantly in recent years and are rapidly expanding, with offices based in Cambridge, Huntingdon, Northampton and Shefford. With over 150 members of staff, our Firm is made up of qualified legal officers, administrative support and finance officers. We aim to develop our staff to enable them to reach their full potential and to find a career path suitable to each individual.
If the chance to play a part in this fast paced but increasingly interesting and challenging area of law interests you we want to hear from you.
- Provide legal advice and services to client organisations in a wide range of civil litigation matters, including prosecutions and civil actions, judicial review and employment matters and other corporate or constitutional and administrative matters to ensure compliance with statutory duties and obligations and to protect the best interests of the client organisations.
- Provide high quality, innovative, well researched and comprehensive specialist legal advice to clients (including elected members and senior officers), managing a complex caseload and delivering advice within the timescales required by the client.
- Act as a source of legal advice and support to any of the client Councils' Committees and Directorates as directed.
- Attend courts and tribunals undertaking advocacy where required and to represent clients in negotiations and discussions with third parties in matters regarding the areas of legal practice relevant to the post.
- Instruct and manage suppliers of external legal services such as solicitors and barristers in accordance with the requirements of each client.
- Lead, direct, develop and improve the service to client organisations, predominately in the area of litigation, to ensure the provision of an excellent standard of client care and value for money.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with initiative, a proactive approach to problem solving and a real commitment to the job. In return for this we can offer you an excellent benefits package alongside a flexible, modern working environment equipped with the technology needed to enable you to balance the pressures of a busy role.
LGSS Law Benefits
- Local Government Pensions Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- LGSS More 4 U Benefits Scheme – which gives you the chance to get discounts on things like travel and retail to help you save money every day.
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- Family Friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 28 days, plus public holidays. With the option to purchase more annual leave!
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.lgsslaw.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a covering letter supporting and a CV is submitted.
Keywords: Civil Litigation, Prosecution, Civil Action, Judicial Review, Advocacy, Court, Social care, Law vacancy, Law jobs, Law, Law careers, Legal careers, Legal jobs, Legal vacancy