Assistant Director - Legal (Family, Safeguarding & Education) - Derbyshire County Council
Grade 16 £61,791 - £67,419 per annum
Job term: Full Time
Appointment type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a busy, committed in-house legal team, which delivers an efficient and high quality legal service to its clients, covering a broad range of areas of law including children, adult social care, governance, employment, debt and personal injury.
As the Assistant Director - Legal (Family, Safeguarding and Education) you'll be a key member of the senior leadership team for Legal and Democratic Services, providing clear strategic management and operational leadership, to deliver a modern, proactive and enterprising legal service to the Council.
As statutory Data Protection Officer, you will lead on advising the Council and its employees in respect of compliance with data protection laws.
You will have excellent leadership skills to inspire, motivate, and develop individuals and teams to perform at their best and significant experience of working at a senior level in a local government environment or other similar complex organisation.
As Deputy Monitoring Officer you will need to have experience of working with senior Officers and Elected Members and able to demonstrate credibility, tact, diplomacy and maturity of judgement.
This post is politically restricted.
Derbyshire is a wonderful place to live, visit and work and the Council can offer you:
- Access to a Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities - We encourage staff development and will work with you to develop your potential including supporting with undertaking further qualifications
- Paid travel expenses as there may be the requirement to travel to other sites
- Car share/parking/smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme and electric charging points (at County Hall)
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
When working from the office the post will be based at County Hall in Matlock in the heart of the Derbyshire Dales.
To arrange an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Helen Barrington at firstname.lastname@example.org
To access the Job and Person profile and to apply for the role, please click here
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 4 October 2021.